NATURE AND DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The following schedules will be implimented depending on interest.
- Full-time - Two 6-weekly modules spread over six (6) months (excluding mentoring sessions).For Programme schedule click here PGD Fulltime
- Regular - Four 3-weekly modules spread over ten (10) months (excluding mentoring sessions).For Programme schedule click here PGD Regular
- Evening - Four 7-weekly modules spread over ten (10) months (excluding mentoring sessions).For Programme schedule click here PGD Evening
- Weekend - Four 7-weekly modules spread over ten (10) months (excluding mentoring sessions).For Programme schedule click here PGD Weekend
Students will conduct practical assignment in access (practice) organisations in-between modules
The REGULAR version of the Post Graduate Diploma in OD programme is designed as a 3-weekly, four modular programme. It is delivered at three monthly intervals with three mentoring sessions preceding modules 2, 3 and 4.
In addition, students pair as OD practitioners / consulting teams to undertake practical assignments and present field reports during mentoring sessions for assessment and feedback.
Modules and Course Outlines
Students would be expected to cover four modules over the ten-month period for the REGULAR version of the Post Graduate Diploma programme. The four modules would be taught courses while the three practical assignments would be field work. During the field work, they will be expected to bring into practice all the theories they learned in the class room.
At the end of the four modules, students will be able to:
- Write a consultancy proposal.
- Conduct organizational effectiveness assessment.
- Assess the effectiveness of teams.
- Conduct organizational culture assessment.
- Write and present OD assessment report.
- Undertake effective coaching intervention.
- Conduct strategic planning intervention.
- Deepen their understanding of the characteristics of an effective OD consultant.
- Gain knowledge in Organisation Development
- Write OD consultancy proposal
- Conduct Organisational effectiveness and culture assessment
- Undertake coaching intervention
- Conduct strategic planning intervention
WHO CAN ATTEND?
The programme is open to personnel working in:
- Public Institutions,
- The Private Sector,
- Non-Government Organisations,
- Practicing Consultants,
- Human Resource Specialists,
- Business Managers,
- Lecturers who want to go into Consulting and
- Educational Institutions, (i.e. Polytechnics and other Tertiary Institutions).