The Don-Cole Library provides Library materials, services and the use of its facilities to as many students and staff as possible. It also has a duty to protect the rights and see to the fulfillment of the interests of both patrons and management. To that end, the following rules and regulations have been established by The Don-Cole Library Committee.
The Library is intended for quiet reading and studying. No conversations are permitted. All electronic devices should be silenced. Any conduct that interferes with another person's use of the Library and violates the tranquil atmosphere of the Library is prohibited. Such conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Loud or boisterous activities.
- Unauthorized conversations and other noisy behaviors.
- Playing of music.
- Abusing Library furniture, equipment or materials.
- Running in the Library.
- Harassing others, either verbally or physically.
- Impeding access to the Library's facilities.
- The Library is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- The Library reserves the right to inspect all bags, purses, briefcases, etc., for Library materials.
- All bags belonging to patrons should be deposited on the security desk.
- Photography, videography and sound playing within the Library are forbidden without the written permission of the Librarian.
- Fighting is not allowed in the Library.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Library, including outdoor areas.
- Cell phone conversation is not permitted inside the Library. All ringtones should be turned off upon entering the building.
- Food and drinks including water are prohibited in the library.
- Loitering in the Library without making use of its materials is not acceptable.
- An acceptable standard of personal hygiene is expected of all individuals. Unpleasant body odor, which may offend other individuals in the Library, is considered unacceptable.
- All commercial activities are forbidden in the Library unless special permission has been granted by the Librarian.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the number of individuals who may sit together.
- Firearms and other weapons are not permitted in the Library.
- The Library respects all copyrighted material and does not tolerate violations anywhere on the premises.
- Users’ viewing of materials that are obscene, including but not limited to sexually explicit material, is forbidden in the library.
- Any activity of any kind considered illegal is prohibited.
NOTE: When necessary, the police or the institution’s security personnel will be called in to assist in the enforcement of these rules. Patron privileges may be suspended on a temporary or permanent basis as determined by the Librarian.